Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 15 Reading Notes: Adam and Eve Part A

Bibliography: Genesis, Link .
Caption: Adam and Eve. Link.
Reading Notes: I remember learning the story about Adam and Eve in Sunday School when I was young. My church always used the King James version of the bible, so this was familiar enough to me as is. I think that the creation story is really interesting and I like that Eve is made from part of Adam. I think it creates a cool bond between the two characters. I very clearly remember learning about the Fall in sunday school and I thought it was interesting to revisit it for my reading this week. I  like the character of the snake and think that it would be interesting to write a story from his point of view. Perhaps including the backstory of the snake or the part where he is told his mission would be an interesting addition to the story. I don't particularly like the Punishment stories as much, because I think that there was too much punishment for Eve's action and I think that Adam shouldn't necessarily have been held accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie, just a quick note to make sure you understand that there are no more storytelling posts for the class, right? And I wasn't quite sure what you meant by the "punishment stories," but most of the reading in Part A consists of the legends about Adam and Eve (and Adam's first wife Lilith, etc. etc.) that come from the traditions outside the Bible. From your post here, I couldn't tell if you had read all that or not; since most people know the Bible story already, it is the legends from Ginzberg that are usually more attention-getting, especially Lilith! The Brothers Grimm also have a great Adam and Eve story; I don't know if you ran into this one in your Grimm reading or not:
    Eve's Unequal Children by the Brothers Grimm

    ReplyDelete