Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Caption: A motivational message written in scrabble pieces. https://pixabay.com/en/photos/motivation/ .

I think that I'm particularly good at finding motivation inside myself and applying that to the things that I do. I'm a very driven person and I have no problem finding the motivation to do things. I think I'm also very good at pushing myself, not just in my studies, but in life, too. I've always been a dreamer and tend to often come up with big things I want to do. However, because of my good motivations, I'm usually pretty good at achieving the things I strive for too. One thing I think I could definitely improve on is taking more risks, particularly in school and in this class. When it comes to my storytelling, I tend to stick with what I know I do best. I write in the same style every time and I never switch my storytelling perspective. One thing I am not very good at also is asking a lot of questions. I tend to take feedback well, but am bad about asking for it from people.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! It's great that you're able to find motivation because that's always a good driving force :). I understand how you feel with taking risks! I don't really change my storytelling style much, either. And feedback is difficult to ask for, but I think since you said you take it well, maybe you could just ask for some thoughts on whatever you need feedback on. Something simple and not too formal.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's amazing that you are able to find the motivation within you to push through. Everyone's made differently, yes, but sometimes it just seems so easy overall. You make it seem as such, not in a bad way, but in an inspiring way. I'd hope I could be as motivated as you one day and push through with great effort and come out with a more positive outlook. I can definitely agree with not taking risks in terms of school and work even for me. I struggle with asking questions a lot, even though I appreciate feedback as well. It's not something that comes natural I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is awesome that you are able to sepf-motivate and find the drive to get better and do better. I think I am for the most part good at that as well, but I feel the same way you do about taking risks. I tend to go with what I know and what I am comfortable with
    This, of course, is not the best way to grow, but it really is hard to put yourself out there sometimes! I think a really important step in risk-taking though is acknowledging that you should do it, so you are on your way there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is awesome that you are able to sepf-motivate and find the drive to get better and do better. I think I am for the most part good at that as well, but I feel the same way you do about taking risks. I tend to go with what I know and what I am comfortable with
    This, of course, is not the best way to grow, but it really is hard to put yourself out there sometimes! I think a really important step in risk-taking though is acknowledging that you should do it, so you are on your way there!

    ReplyDelete