Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Week 9 Reading Notes B: California and Old Southwest

Reading Notes: California and Old Southwest

I particularly liked the story regarding the creation of the Sierra Nevadas by the animals and the personification of the animals. I like that the story is written with no humans and only with animals as the main characters. I also like the personification of things that are not usually personified, like the wind and the clouds. I think that it adds an interesting piece to the story because this is something that isn't normally seen in other stories from other peoples. I think it would be interesting to take this creation story but apply it to a different area, or a different people. I could apply this creation story to the whole world, or to a different region. I think I like applying the creation story to the whole world and personifying the different creatures and to the wind, earth, fire, and water. 

Bibliography: Katharine Barry Judson, Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest. http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/03/myth-folklore-california-and-old.html . 

No comments:

Post a Comment