Monday, February 13, 2017

Feedback Focus


In terms of their usefulness, I'd say reading out loud>setting a timer>taking notes and deleting as I read. I wasn't really surprised that reading out loud was helpful to me better understanding the story and to catching all of the details throughout. I didn't particularly like the other two techniques, I didn't find them quite as useful. I can see how setting a timer might help some people, but it made me feel like I needed to rush through the reading and then I didn't really want to reread it. In the future, I would consider using the reading out loud strategy again, but probably not the other two. I'd say the biggest advantage of reading out loud is the attention to detail you'll receive, but it's biggest disadvantage is that you cannot do it everywhere in every situation. I'd say that for taking notes over the reading, the biggest advantage is that you then have notes over the reading after, but the biggest disadvantage is that you only look at the material once. For setting a timer, I think the biggest advantage is that you're required to read it all the way through once, though I think the biggest disadvantage is  that you might feel rushed reading and miss important details. I've taken notes when reading before, but never like this. I've read out loud before and I always found it useful, but I've never set a timer to read by. I particularly liked the reading Why Dog and Cat are Enemies, I thought it was a cute story and I liked the way that it was delivered. 





Caption: An aptly-named street sign. http://www.picserver.org/f/focus.html .


No comments:

Post a Comment