Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Reading Notes: Life of Buddha

Caption: Siddhartha Buddha meditating. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Buddha2.jpg

Reading Notes: Buddha is a very intelligent, understanding being. I find it interesting that he wants to live in solitude. Chandaka is right, Buddha is loved and young and has family, it seems strange that he should choose to leave all this behind and live on his own. "I can no longer live in a world that is but a dream."-I really, really like this quote. I think I'll somehow incorporate it into my story. I think it's particularly interesting that Buddha had no troubles leaving everyone and everything behind, yet he is seriously mourned by those that love him and no one wants him to leave. I also really like Buddha's musings in "Siddhartha Becomes the Buddha"; I think that it's interesting that his musings follow this thought process and leads from thing through many.





Bibliography: Andre Ferdinand Herold, Life of Buddha, http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/life-of-buddha-siddhartha-leaves.html .

No comments:

Post a Comment