Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Homer's Odyssey Part B

Caption: A sculpture of Odysseus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Head_Odysseus_MAR_Sperlonga.jpg
Bibliography: Homer's The Odyssey. http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/odyssey-ghosts-of-erebus.html .


Reading Notes: I didn't particularly like Part B as much as Part A; I think I'll write about part A. I don't particularly like the part with the ghosts of old friends showing up. I think it's kind of strange and doesn't add a whole lot to the story. I think that there isn't as much that could be expanded upon with the story of the ghosts. I guess I could write about it from the ghosts' point of view? Or I could write about their experiences prior to them coming back to talk to Odysseus. I could maybe write about their deaths, but most of them are already covered in other stories so this doesn't seem super interesting to me. I do like the part of the story with the sirens; I think it's intriguing and I think it would be particularly cool to write about this from the sirens' point of view. I think it could make a good story to write from the sirens' point of view about how they draw the men in and why they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment