Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reading Notes: Homer's Odyssey Part A

Caption: Polyphemus being stabbed in the eye. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_von_dem_blühenden_Tal

Reading Notes: When I read this story in high school, I particularly loved the part regarding Polyphemus. I always thought he was an interesting character. I think it would be interesting to write about Polyphemus. Maybe I'll write a diary post that is written in first-person in regards to Polyphemus and his daily life before Odysseus and his crew came ashore his island. I've also always loved Circe; I liked the idea of a witch and thought that she really could have been more powerful than Homer made her out to be. I really like her connection with the wild animals. I always thought it was powerful and really intriguing. I think that Polyphemus and Circe could both be interesting characters to expand on; they both live fairly lonely lives on their islands and I think that the approach of a diary entry for one of them would be an interesting approach to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment