Friday, January 20, 2017

Growth Mindset

Caption: An artistic representation of Growth Mindset by Jessica Ottewell. (https://www.flickr.com/photos/134717758@N06/19751739181)
Though I had never specifically heard of Growth Mindset, I've heard of this way of thinking before to some extent. This is my first time ever hearing of Carol Dweck and her "Growth Mindset" specifically. I think this was an interesting read for me because I think that I have been that student that is easily rewarded by doing well on tests and getting A's in school. I've never been taught to appreciate working hard for the sake of working hard. I don't know that I'll necessarily be excited to learn more about growth mindset, but I do think it would be interesting to approach some of my classwork with this mindset instead. I'm not particularly worried about any one class this semester; rather, I'm worried about the combination of all of my classes and the stress that will most likely accompany them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment