Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Homer's Iliad Part A

Nine years is a long time to try to break through the city's walls to no avail; this could be an interesting point of writing. I could explore some of what happened in those nine long years. Also, the princes seem to be very loyal to be away for that long.
I agree with Achilles; Agamemnon seems to be very selfish and unconcerned for the wellbeing of those fighting for the king of Sparta. Achilles seems very wise after speaking with Athena. He appears to be handling Agamemnon's selfishness quite well.
It seems funny to me that the gods and goddesses all have favorite humans for their own reasons, and help them.



Bibliography: Homer's The Iliad.http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/iliad-hector-and-andromache.html.
Caption: A scene from The Iliad. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_story_of_the_Iliad_(1911)_(14596485307).jpg.

1 comment:

  1. I think that decoding and creating what happened in that nine year span would make for a wonderful story! I have to say Athena is one of my favorite Greek Gods. I just enjoy reading all the incessant information about her. I can't imagine what it would be like if God had his favorites. It would highly unfortunate for us I feel.

    ReplyDelete