Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Homer's Iliad Part B


I think that Hector is being rational when he says he doesn't fear men, but he does fear Zeus. I feel for Achilles; his pain and sadness seem very fitting and I can understand why he is so upset over the death of his friend and why he blames himself. Achilles is a very trusting man; he's brave and smart to put his trust in the gods. I think it'd be scary running to battle without any arms. 
Apollo does seem mischievous. All the other gods seem to have a purpose in mind when interfering in the lives of mortals. I would be mad if I were Achilles too. I like Achilles a lot; I think he could be an interesting main character for my story. 
It does seem a little too much to me that Achilles attached Hector to his chariot and dragged him behind. I think that Achilles made the right decision to give Hector's body back to his father. 

Bibliography: Homer's the Iliad. http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/iliad-rousing-of-achilles.html.

1 comment:

  1. You are the second person in this class who I have seen has read the Iliad. Is there a reason you choose to read this particular story? I honestly enjoy Apollo. I feel like there is more to him than what meets the eye. I enjoy that in a story, but not always in real life.

    ReplyDelete