Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options

http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/myth-folklore-unit-homers-odyssey.html
I've always been drawn to greek history and found it extremely interesting. I love learning about the greek gods and goddesses and find the style of writing at the time to be interesting. I remember reading the Odyssey freshman year of high school and I vaguely remember learning about all of the crazy adventures and tales from the journey. Though at the time, I think that I did not appreciate the story nearly as much as I wish I would have. I am excited at the opportunity to go back and read the story again with new eyes and with a new approach.
http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/search/label/Unit%3A%20Alice%20in%20Wonderland
I always loved Alice in Wonderland growing up; I admired the adventure that she undertook and always envied the whimsical world that she got to explore. However, I do not think that I have ever actually read the original story and have definitely never considered it from a reading-to-writing perspective. I think that considering it in this light would give me an interesting outlook on the story.
http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/myth-folklore-unit-beowulf.html
Beowulf is a story I've heard of many times, yet I actually no nothing about. I think it would be interesting too, because I don't have much knowledge about celtic stories at all. Because I have no background on this story or on stories of this type, I think that I could approach it in a really interesting way and learn a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment