Monday, April 24, 2017

Famous Last Words: Surviving Senioritis

Caption: The throwing of the caps at graduation. Link.
I knew senioritis was real because I experienced it in high school. I struggled to want to go to class, I didn't put as much effort into the assignments, etc. However, the teachers in high school were understanding. We were all going off to college, and that's what actually mattered. College senioritis has been an entirely different beast. I graduate in May and it's been the hardest semester of my life to stay motivated in school. I know that graduation is looming quickly, but I start medical school in August so I know the end isn't quite as near as I'd like for it to be. I've been coasting by this semester and admittedly even that has been hard for me. This is the first semester that I've ever turned in late assignments, that I've missed as much class as I have, and that I've just genuinely had no motivation. I've been trying to turn that around in the past couple of weeks but it's been getting hard. I'm hoping knowing that graduation is just 3 weeks away will give me the boost of motivation I need to get me going. After graduation, I will have one class in Norman in May and then it's off to Leipzig, Germany for me all summer to learn more German before starting Medical School. I'm really excited for my summer and I think that is making this semester even harder. I've been putting my assignments off even more than I usually do but I think I've found a way that can help me get through the rest of this semester and fight off the senioritis. I'm a list-maker. I love making lists and checking things off of them. I'm convinced that there is no better feeling than checking things off my list. So, for the last three weeks of the semester, I've become even more of an avid list maker. I've made a list of every assignment that must be completed before I graduate in May and it's been incredibly therapeutic to cross things off of that list. It's made working on the assignments a little easier because I can see my list getting shorter and shorter and that means I'm getting closer and closer to graduating and whisking away to Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment