Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 14 Reading Notes: Grimm LibriVox Part A

Bibliography: LibriVox, Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm, Link.
Caption: Rapunzel's Tower.Link.
Reading Notes: I liked the Frog Prince story quite a bit. I knew of The Princess and the Frog, but didn't know that it was one of the Grimm Brothers' stories. I think it's a little interesting that it turns out so well for the Princess though, because she was rude and didn't want to keep her word. She only did so because her father commanded her to. Usually, the Grimm Brothers punish the people who should be punished and only reward those who have done kind things. I think it's interesting that the princess gets to marry the prince and he is beautiful and whisks her away. I like the story of Rapunzel a lot, though I didn't realize that Rapunzel was just the daughter of two common people. I thought she was the daughter of a king and a queen and had noble birthright. I think that the evil enchantress is an interesting character and is particularly conniving which I think is an interesting character trait that really fits her well, especially when she tricks the prince into thinking that she is Rapunzel. I didn't particularly like the stories following Rapunzel at all, I didn't think they were as interesting by any means and didn't feel like the rest of the Grimm Brothers' stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment