Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 14 Reading Notes: Crane's Brothers Grimm Part B

Bibliography: Lucy Crane, Household Stories by Brothers Grimm, Link.
Caption: Snow White. Link.


Reading Notes:
I didn't like the six swans story either. I just didn't think it was very interesting and as intriguing as some of the other stories that the Grimm Brothers have written, so I don't think I'll write about this story. King Thrushbeard's story is pretty awesome. I like that his daughter was being rude and complaining and he punished her the way he did. I like that all (or a lot) of the Grimm Brothers stories are about children being punished for being a certain way and that they always learn a lesson from the story. I think it's funny that the King's daughter has to live with a beggar husband now that she complained too much and pushed away too many suitors. I particularly liked reading the story of Snow White, because though I have seen the Disney adaption of the story, I had not heard the original story and it's been a while since I've actually seen the movie. I thought that it was interesting how the evil queen came to kill her twice before deciding on the apple. I also expected more to the characters of the dwarves since they are such a big part of the Disney movie. I wish that they would have been expanded upon more so than they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment