Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 14 Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm Crane Part A

Reading Notes:
I didn't particularly like the story about the fisherman and his wife; I didn't think it was super interesting or compelling for the most part. I did like the Aschenputtel story, though. I think it's interesting to read the story as it originally was written instead of the typical Disney adaption of the story that everyone has come to know. I think it's interesting that there is no fairy godmother in the original story and that Aschenputtel instead actually grows a tree from her tears and it is the source of the magic in her life. I also thought it was interesting and disturbing that the step sisters actually cut their feet in order to fit into the shoes. I also didn't realize that there were 3 balls and that the prince was conniving for the last one and that's how he actually finally met Aschenputtel. I think that's interesting and wish that this would've been included in the Disney adaption of the story. I like the ending of the robber bridegroom story. I like that the bad guys get whats coming to them, I think that this is fitting.

Caption: Aschenputtel. Link.
Bibliography: Lucy Crane, Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm, Link.

No comments:

Post a Comment