Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 13 Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm Reading A

Caption: Rumpelstiltskin illustration from the original story. Link.
Bibliography: D. L. Ashliman, The Grimm Brothers' Children's and Household Tales.

Reading Notes: I really like the play and the banter between the cat and the mouse in the first story. I think it keeps things light and fun which I really appreciate. I really liked the story too about the wolf who ate the children but the children were saved by the mother and the wolf drowned in the river. I think it is an interesting story and reminds me of Red Riding Hood in a way, which I like. It would be fun to write a story with these characters in a different way somehow. I like the deceitful wolf and I like the strong-willed mother. I don't particularly like the story about the seven ravens as much because I don't think it had a very strong ending. It's interesting that the Little Red Cap story is so similar to the one where the wolf eats the seven children. The wolf in both cases is very deceitful and is ultimately killed by filling his stomach with stones. I really like the character of the wolf and think I will use him in my story somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment